Expressions of interest open the Conference, (themed 'The Democratic Stage'), which is an opportunity to meet, build networks and create genuine, lasting contacts between women playwrights and theatre professionals.
Applications due 1 October 2012.
Invitation to women playwrights to enter your play to the conference
The conference 2012 will be hosted by Riksteatern in Stockholm, Sweden.
Theme: The Democratic Stage.
We estimate that 400 delegates will attend the conference and we will put much effort into giving women from other lingual areas than English the opportunity of attending. We will apply for funds in order to support a number of participants from countries outside Europe by subsidising their travel, accommodation and local transport costs. The ambition is an equal spread of the support in order to make for fair representation.
Approx. 100 scripts will be presented at the conference.
We ask for scripts within these six themes:
• The individual and society
• Social equality and poverty
• Work and career
The goal is to present all the synopses and playwrights digitally to the delegates in advance.
When you enter your play, this is what you need to send us:
• Your name
• Country of residence
• A short biography (under 200 words)
• Title of your play
• Synopsis of the play (under 500 words)
• Style of the play (musical, contemporary drama etc.)
• Background: is the play a work in progress or finished? Has it been produced? Where? When? Is it possible for that production to visit the festival?
• Number of characters - male/female
• Duration of your play in minutes, numbers of acts/parts
• Your contact information - email address is sufficient, but add more if you like
• Performing Rights info (agent contact or please state if available from the playwright)
• If you have a website, please give us that address
• What language the play written in? Has it been translated into other languages?
• What format it is in, Word or pdf?The easiest way to do this is to go to www.riksteatern.se/wpic and fill in the application form.
Last day of application: 1 October 2011.